Sunday, September 7, 2008

Walking on

I don't really get this essay at all. What I understand in this story was that we need a more natural planet, we build to much and don't respect what we have enough. I think that we already have done too much to this planet and it will not support life as long as it already has, but she is just a little more "in touch" with the environment than I am. When she talks about the African hunter Cummings(pg 73) saying that some things in nature have the best smells I do believe her. Nature is always better than man made. I really am not with her or against her on respecting our planet because i think we have already done too much to it, like I said before, but I think this was very boring and poorly written.

1 comment:

Apple said...

I feel basically the same way you do about this essay. I respect that you could state the way you felt about it as bluntly as you did, “very boring and poorly written”. I also believe it was quite boring and ineffective when it came to keeping my attention. I disliked the way it was written and made it difficult to understand, too. Besides all that, you also mentioned that you agreed with Thoreau on how man made materials aren't as great as natural ones. Out of the whole passage of "Walking" I would say that's one thing I understood and also agreed with.