Friday, September 26, 2008

The Whole Horse

The white horse was a pretty good essay. I brought up a lot of good points about our economy and many people’s view on money now a days. These days people are very greedy with their money and they don’t really care about the nation as a whole. Even more so with big businesses these days. I really like how Berry says, “this is an economy, and in fact a culture, of the one night stand. “I had a good time,” says the industrial lover, “but don’t ask me my last name.” Just so, the industrial eater says to the svelte industrial hog, “we’ll be together at breakfast. I don’t want to see you before then, and won’t care to remember you afterwards.” It really describes our nation these days, how were just fucking each other for one night and one thing. Consider most big companies, they have a surplus of underpaid employees that do their work with almost no complaints, while they just sit up in their offices and consider what necktie to wear to their lunch reservation with their other corporate monsters that they are meeting for lunch. But again it was a pretty good essay, I like the cat one more though.

1 comment:

Karina said...

Wow that was a very interesting point a view you had Alex and I agree with you on your opinion. This world that we live in needs to be healthier and many people don’t care about what the negative affects of what they are doing are. I mean it’s all good to live the moment but also to be aware of the consequences that lie ahead. I overall enjoyed reading the essay and found it very informational and interesting. The only thing that could have been different for me was that it was too long and he dragged on over and over, it could have been shorter from my point of view.