Thursday, September 18, 2008
Why we crave horror movies
I agree with Stephen King on all cylinders in this essay. I think one of the main reasons people go to movies is to see what sick, twisted, nasty fantasy people outside of them has. Maybe even sometimes the people have the same as the movie entails. Also now a days we have a very egotistic society so I couldn’t agree more with King when he says “Why? Some of the reasons are too simple and obvious. To show that we can, that we are not afraid, that we can ride this roller coaster”(311-312). Also I think everyone in this great nation and in every nation in the world is insane, to a certain extent or degree. Just as king says, when he says “if we are all insane, then sanity becomes a matter of degree. If your insanity leads you to carve up a woman like Jack the ripper or the Cleveland torso murderer, we clap you away to the funny farm if, on the other hand, your insanity leads you to talk to yourself when you’re under stress or to pick your nose on the morning bus, then you are just left alone to go about your business.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I definently agree with you because I also said that everyone is insane, but to some extent. I love how King describes us either as killers or nose pickers! I do go to the movies to see what sick things are gonna happen.My favorite movies are Saw (all of them) and the The Hills Have eyes,(eww that movie makes me want to puke) but somehow I still get myself to watch them.
Post a Comment