Friday, September 26, 2008

In defense of talk shows

I really hate talk shows to begin with. But for the most part I liked this essay. I think that Ehrenreich has really been inside my head. She hits on all the points that I think about when I watch one of these ridiculously stupid shows( which occurs in about mid to late summer, when there is not any baseball to be played or practiced and it’s like 110 degrees outside, AND there’s absolutely no sporting events or anything on TV but these stupid ass shows). Like really what kind of state of mind do you have to be on to actually want to get on one of these shows? They really do lack love, schooling and are just looking to attention on TV. If these problems are really that bad there are always the police for beatings. “Oh but he’ll come back and beat my ass and rape me again”. No he won’t if you actually follow your part of the restraining order, if the man goes to jail and gets butt raped enough he’ll know to actually either stop doing what he’s doing or find another girl who was dumb like you and beat and rape her all day. I also like how she says they way her interviews would be in the end, mine would be the same way.

1 comment:

Christopher Goolsby said...

Ha well uh, very interesting to say the least. I actually wanted to laugh but for fear of being heard i didn't. I admire your nerve for one. I don't think I could write this and walk into class the next day. So I admit you must have kohones of steel. But more on the point, your essay was, as always, hilarious and awesome. This is what I look forward to when I blog so great job.